Saturday 29 January 2011

Berlin has drowned in Graffiti

Sorry I haven't written in a long time, I've been overwhelmed by my Trip to Berlin a Week ago and was just getting my head together and sorting through all my endless amounts of information.........


So the first thing I want to tell you about my incredible trip to Berlin was the overdose of graffiti on the streets. But I think it's not tacky and it hasn't ruined the quality of Berlin, its enhanced it and made it a city of Art.


Each piece of Graffiti is like an art work in itself, and the best way to getting around and seeing it is by bike.
I haven't ridden a bike since I was like 7 so it was great fun slash humiliating as I haven't got the best balance.


Here are some my favourite Graffiti from East Side Gallery (which is on the longest standing part of the Berlin Wall) and some from around my travels on bike around Berlin.


Here are a few images from a Graffiti book I bought from the artist Lake
I love his stylistic interpretation of the human body and the accentuated features.  
Graffiti influences a lot of Berlin's street style and here are some images of Berlin Magazines interpreting this style into fashion editorials.
I also visited the Circle Culture Gallery where artists have incorporated Graffiti into art work such as


Anton Unai>>>>

Jaybo Monk>>>>
and XOOOOX>>>>

so over all A......MAZING have to go if you want to be influenced by the ultimat urban street style. 
GO TO BERLIN

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
A Final Year Nottingham Trent Fashion Communication and Promotion Student. lover of the Weird and Wonderful, Obscurities, and of course anything with SEQUINS.